You can’t beat an egg. Simple. Delicious. Healthy. You can argue with that.
Now, give it a Japanese twist and wow…a totally different taste sensation!
Have a crack at this recipe I tried last week, you won’t regret it.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 a cup of mayo
- 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Wasabi paste
- Thinly sliced spring onions
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Place sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove to cool on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; place egg yolks into a food processor with mayonnaise, soy sauce, wasabi paste, and rice vinegar. Process until smooth; place spring onion and panko bread crumbs into yolk mixture and pulse just enough to mix evenly.
- Arrange egg white halves on a serving platter; spoon yolk mixture into whites. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.