Looking for a Asian inspired treat? I tried cooking these for my family and they loved them…simple, easy and fresh. Good luck!
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 175g beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Baby Gem lettuces
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. When the pan is really hot, tip in the beef and pepper, then cook for a few mins until lightly browned and the beef is cooked through. Tip in the garlic, ginger and sesame seeds, then cook for 1-2 mins more, stirring often until they start to turn golden.
- Pour over the soy sauce and 2 tbsp water, let it bubble down a bit until it starts to look syrupy, then drizzle with the sesame oil. Separate the leaves from the lettuces and arrange on a plate. Spoon a little of the beef mixture into each leaf, drizzle with pan juices and serve warm.
It’s as easy as that and take it from me, it goes down a storm at parties at Christmas.