During the Christmas period I tried out a few more Japanese recipes including this deliclious one I got from the BBC.
Have a go, as it was easy to do, once I got all of the ingredients.
- 2 shallots
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into chunks
- zest and juice 1
- lemon little oil
- 200g basmati rice
- 200g spring green, chopped
- 100ml mirin
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pulse the shallots and carrot in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the chicken, lemon zest and some seasoning, and pulse again until mixed. Using oiled hands, shape into small meatballs. Put on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 10 mins until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the rice following pack instructions, adding the spring greens for the final 4 mins. Drain well.
- Add the mirin, soy, lemon juice and sugar to a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer until saucy. Remove from the heat, add the meatballs to the pan and roll them around in the sauce. Divide the rice and greens between plates or bowls and spoon the meatballs over.
It’s as easy as that!!!